Thursday, April 26, 2012

Swimming with Kecil


It's been a very tiring couple of days for Mama around here, thanks to this Little One pictured above. I guess I can quite understand. With the soaring temperature that we have these past few weeks, the lure of the pool must have been too much to resist.

In addition, however, there are a few techniques that she is still in the process of perfecting....


The technique of jumping on Mama? Ha!

Well... not quite, actually. Although in the above pic she sure seemed like she was trying really hard to grab the camera.
You see, a few days back, the first time we swam after Kecil's last bout of flu, Mama hit upon what she thought of as a brilliant idea. Still remember the trampoline? Well, Kecil learned to do 'cannon ball' on the trampoline, so I suggested that she tried it in the pool as well.

.... let's just say after 5 consecutive days of going to the pool everyday, the idea is beginning to seem less than brilliant. Still... it was 5 consecutive of intense training for the Little One, at the end of which, Mama was confident enough to do her stuff without immediately catching the Little Pink Cannon Ball.

Getting ready...
Jump 1
Jump 2 
Jump 11
Jump 11? Uh yeah. Totally.
Did I mention she does this on daily basis? She's enthusiastic, all right.
And before you mention that the camera seems a wee bit far from her landing spot in the water...
Let me just say that it's because .... KECIL HAS LEARNED HOW TO SWIM!!!!


Mm... well... it's a bit awkward still to catch her swimming on camera, but you see the hair? She swam underwater, and when she emerged, her hair became totally slick.

So... it's been a few tiring days, but I guess it's quite worth it, with Kecil gaining confidence and some real skill in water. I am one proud Mama (as you can probably tell from the number of pics in this post).

Summer is still on-going. So... I guess I'm looking at many more days of swimming daily with this Little One. I can only shudder to think about the effect that kind of schedule will have on my hair. Already our walkie/dinner routine is affected. Hmm.... but I will enjoy it as much as I can.

Any tips on what else I can teach her in terms of water skills? I am hoping to teach her water-trapping next. Cheers!

Mama-Coach & the new Little Swimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...